What is “personal information”?
Personal information is information that is about you as an identifiable individual. Aggregated, statistical or de-identified information is not personal information. Information generated through your use of our websites will not be personal information unless we can combine it with other information that would identify you.
How do you collect my personal information and what do you collect?
When you sign up for our newsletter, make a reservation or join one of our waiting lists, we collect personal information, including the following:
- Contact information, including name, mailing address, telephone number and email address;
- Demographical information (date of birth and gender);
- Financial information, including credit card number, security code, billing address, authentication and security information and other billing data;
- Trip related information, including flight information and dietary preferences; and
- Communication information, such as the content of your inquiries, complaints, optional survey questions and feedback directed to our team.
- Your computer’s operating system, internet protocol (IP) address, browser type, your location;
- Your usage time, language, the website that referred you and activity on our Site;
- Data that is uploaded and transferred; and
- User interaction such as clicks throughout the Site.
What are the reasons we collect your information?
We use your personal information to communicate with you, to provide you with assistance, products and services that you request. We also use your personal information to understand how you use the Site to protect and improve our business.
Here are examples of the purposes for which we use your personal information:
- communicating with you;
- processing your reservations, including keeping track of bookings and reporting back to you;
- providing information or services requested by you;
- delivery of information to third party services and partners (such as payment processing);
- administering and managing the Site and The Club Coastal’s business operations;
- protecting against fraud or error;
- generating statistics to measure and analyze the Site’s activities marketing our products, services and brand, including administering contests and public events;
- complying with legal and governmental requirements; and
- fulfilling any other purpose that would be reasonably apparent to the average person at the time that we collect it.
From time to time, we collect personal information for other purposes. In that case, we will identify any additional purposes for which we will collect your personal information, before or at the time of collection, and we will obtain your consent to collect, use or disclose your information for such additional purpose(s).
Third Party Access
Additionally, The Club Coastal may disclose personal information due to legal requirements or enforcement, such as defending against legal claims or to investigate and prevent illegal activities.
Protecting the safety of minors when they use the Internet is very important to us. The Site are not designed or intended for use by children or anyone under the age of thirteen (13). The Club Coastal does not knowingly collect the information from children. Please contact our Privacy Officer for any concerns or questions about children’s personal information.
How do you keep my personal information secure?
The security of your personal information is important to us. Although we cannot guarantee 100% security, we use reasonably appropriate security measures to protect your personal information against unauthorized use, access, modification, destruction or disclosure. We require our third party service providers to use similar safeguards to those we use.
Your personal information will be retained only as long as necessary to serve the identified purposes or subject to any other legislative retention obligation.
How can I access or correct my personal information?
You have options when it comes to your personal information.
Opt-out of email communications. If you have subscribed to receive periodic promotional and marketing emails from The Club Coastal and would like to now opt-out, you can do so by any of the following options:
- Clicking ‘unsubscribe’ in the email
- send an e-mail to email@example.com
If you do opt-out of receiving promotional and marketing messages, The Club Coastal may still contact you regarding our business relationship with you.
Access, verify, correct, update or delete personal information. You may submit your request to the Privacy Officer. The Club Coastal shall respond and execute your request, subject to any contractual or legal restrictions.
Complaints. We would be happy to first discuss and attempt to resolve your issue. Please contact us immediately at the information provided below. If we cannot resolve it, we will provide you with the contact information of the appropriate privacy authority.
See the Contact Us link below to learn how to reach us for other inquiries.
A Note on California Privacy Rights
Do you live in California? California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents that use the Site to request certain information regarding how The Club Coastal discloses their personal information to third parties for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes, and what choices they have.
If this applies to you and you would like to make such a request, please contact us at the information provided below. Please include the following in the subject line: Attention: Privacy Officer - California Privacy Rights.
Also, we must let you know about Do Not Track signals. Some browsers support a “Do Not Track” feature, which is intended to be a signal to websites that you do not wish to be tracked across different websites you visit. The Site do not currently change the way they operate based upon detection of a Do Not Track or similar signal.
Attn.: Milana Jevtic, Privacy Officer
The Club Coastal Inc.
Last Updated: Dec. 7, 2017